Tuesday 16 May 2017

Plaster and Found Objects

Experimenting with plaster and found objects



As the end of FMP draws nearer, I find myself struggling for ideas. Out of habit, I have once again moved back to experimenting with plaster no that I have gotten it to work, and have begun moving away from my experiment with stability. 
Realising this, I made a feeble attempt to join the two back together by mixing both the plaster and another material together. Needless to say, it hasn't brought forth any new ideas about where to take my work.



I feel as thought I am trying too hard to incorporate too many things into my work, but keep finding myself moving back to the same things. My experiments with new materials so far have led me nowhere in terms of development. I find myself falling back into a routine of doing what I had been doing for my previous FMP.
Though I am considering it to be a negative thing, it is possible that it is what I need to progress further within my work, and is necessary for my to revisit what I have done so that I can push myself to look at new things. 
I also find myself moving away from my theme of change and evolution, and while it is a vague concept that can be interpreted in very many ways, I feel that the work I am producing at the moment isn't contributing to the theme at all.

I feel panicked because of the small amount of time we have left on the project, and feel pressured to keep producing work to build up the experiments to I have something to be graded by.

For now, I feel it would be best to take a step back and fully consider what I want to do with the theme, and whether using all f the new materials I have been playing with is necessary to include in my work, or whether I should keep it in mind and consider experimenting with the material I am most comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment